Steve Peters, Owner of Boathouse BBQ, The River Town Grill, and Tasteful Occasions Catering is proud to join other local chefs for a wonderful event in Parkersburg, WV. The event will be hosted by the West Virginia Symphony League-Parkersburg. There will be a five-course dinner prepared by local celebrity chefs, preceded by a silent auction.
Providing food will be Outback Steak House with Chef Mitch Linville, blue cheese pecan chopped salad and pumpernickel bread; Texas Road House-Christopher Carlson (managing partner), 8-ounce sauteed herb crusted boneless chicken breast; Boathouse BBQ-Steve Peters, a corn and black bean salsa served warm; Autumn Moore, of the former Paradise Grille, sponsored by Community Bank-Randy Snider, jalapeno spinach, homemade herb bread; and 5-Star Catering-Chef Yancy Roush, bananas foster with ice cream. – Parkersburg News & Sentinel
This is an exciting evening for a great cause.
The cost is $60 per person. All proceeds will go to the nonprofit West Virginia Symphony League-Parkersburg, which was created to assist the West Virginia Symphony-Parkersburg Board of Directors in providing classical music for the community and students of the Mid-Ohio Valley.
Here are a couple of tonight’s recipes!
Herb Crusted Chicken
- Olive oil or Margarine 1oz (vol)
- Marinated Chicken Breast 8oz (wt)
- Roasted Chicken Seasoning 1tsp per side
Caramelized Lemon Half
- Fresh Lemon (cut in half, ends removed) 1 half.
- Sugar as needed.
- Preheat pan to 400.
- Lightly press cut side down into sugar.
- Place lemon, sugar side down allowing sugar to caramelize to a golden brown & set aside.
Herb Crusted Chicken Cooking
- Preheat pan to 400.
- Using tongs, place chicken, skin-side up, on designated chicken plate.
- Evenly season skin side of chicken with Roasted Chicken Seasoning.
- Place oil or margarine into pan allowing it to spread slightly.
- Place chicken in pan, season side down.
- Evenly season opposite side of chicken, set timer and sear 4-5 minutes.
- Flip chicken onto clean side of pan and sear 4-5 minutes (validate temp of center breast 165 degrees).
- Place Herb Crusted Chicken breast skin side up on warm plate with pointed end of chicken at the center of the plate.
- Place caramelized lemon-half at 6:00 below the chicken breast.
- Shake fresh chopped parsley evenly on top of chicken and serve immediately.
Paradise Grille Jalapeno Spinach
- 6 3lb. boxes frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 2.5 boxes of creme cheese softened
- 1lb Butter
- 1 Large Onion Diced
- 1 souffle cup of seasoning salt
- 1 souffle cup of garlic powder
- 4 large spoonfuls of sliced jalapeno peppers
Saute onion, butter, and seasonings until onion transparent. Add 1 cup flour to make roux. Add milk with cream cheese. Add enough milk to mixture to make creamy. Add jalapeno peppers. Pour mixture into large bus pan with thawed spinach. Divide into 2 insert pans. Top with Italian bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese.